T-Cypher Bio is a seed-stage, innovative biotechnology company aiming to unlock an expansive target space to build a pipeline of novel, T-cell receptor (TCR)-based therapeutics. We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with protein expression expertise to join our HLA bead display team.
What you will do
Play a key role in developing our target and TCR discovery engine as well as establishing our early pipeline. Working with others in Research you will produce recombinant HLA complexes and prepare beads displaying libraries of peptide-HLAs to be used in target-T cell engagement assays.
- In collaboration with the Senior Scientists and Research Leaders, design and conduct experiments in support of research objectives
- Participate in group and project meetings, offering insights and expertise on technical elements to advance research projects
- Analyse and record experimental results and communicate findings to the team and to management
- Maintain and implement good laboratory practices, including accurate laboratory notebook systems, instrument and reagent maintenance, and personnel safety precautions
To be successful you will need
- BSc/MSc in Biochemistry, Biological sciences or a related discipline. with 3+ (BSc) or 2+ (MSc) years’ experience in biotech/pharma industry or PhD a relevant discipline
- Experience of recombinant protein expression and purification.
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques including DNA cloning, PCR
- Ability to adapt to multiple roles in a matrixed, fast-paced and evolving company
- Enjoy working towards challenging goals in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to follow and write protocols and SOPs
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations in a laboratory environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Chromatography experience with ÄKTA systems (SEC, affinity or ion exchange)
- Experience with protein refolding
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Modern, well equipped shared office and laboratory facilities on Oxford Science Park
- Training and development opportunities in-line with the company’s goals and growth plans
- An exciting opportunity to help establish an early-stage biotech with ambitions to impact patient’s lives